Wow.. it's been a while since I really really wanted to blog.. but the bug hit me again when I refreshed the list of bloggers I used to follow.
I just finished a weekend workshop called Discover Your Sacred Gifts. (something I highly recommend!) One of the things we had to do was to get into a group of three and work through some of the gifts and figure out something you could do that would benefit others with those gifts. (I may get into what I came up with later .. or not :) )
So today, on my now, ONE day off this week, I have been reflecting on the support I promised to give people I met in the workshop .. it is one of my intrinsic natures to be an Assistant... someone that truly appreciates and enjoys and feels completely "on purpose" helping other people reach their goals. So when I said to one partner in that group that I would get back to her with some avenues to follow in order to find her first block, I didn't want to let her down and immediately when I got home and got my family settled in for the evening - got online and did the research I promised, and came up with a few options and got them off to her via email. I will say it was a great pleasure to find an email this morning from her thanking me for following through and being so proactive for her. That felt great!
The other partner was wanting to travel and take pictures - but felt that possibly there was something in it that would also allow her to make money doing it... Instantly I remembered a book that I bought or someone gave me that tells you all kinds of places to sell your photography. *here is a link for her - I need somewhere to put it until I can email her: Google search on how to sell your photos . For those that are interested - take a peek!*
Of course, afterwards - you tend to talk to other people around you about what THEY came up with ... one of the friends I went with wanted to know about blogging... and of course, this being something I've done as well as looked for, it seemed quite natural that I would want to get back into it again myself.
So this, my dear friend, is for you just as much as it is for me. Thank you bunches - and I hope this grows into whatever it is you want it to. I know it's going to do wonders for me!
So.. this weekend was pretty awesome. I will admit I was .. I don't think skeptical is the right word, but I'll use it for lack of another at the moment. I have lots of things going on in my world right now, and I can feel another big shift about to happen... It's not just because of the workshop - but that certainly will have a big influence on it. My s.o. is displeased with his work situation. Not necessarily his job - more specifically that this particular project he's on right now isn't where he wants it to be. As well, there's my daughter. She's experiencing a lot of stress in her world. It's effecting everything for her and in turn, everything with us here at home too. And then there's the place we live. We're all right fed up with it. We can't afford it - and it's not big enough for the three of us, plus the latest addition of our lovely dog. And that has to change right quick in order for some of the other stuff to kind of settle down and not be so up in our faces and we three can kind of take a breath and relax a bit.
Firstly, if you don't already know, I love to move, but hate moving.
With my ex-husband, we moved on average, every 1 1/2 yrs throughout our 7 years together - for one reason or another. Because I love decorating and unpacking, moving isn't a big deal to me. I enjoy finding new places to put things, creating warm, comfy spaces within each room, and look forward to going to sleep there. But packing and physically moving stuff doesn't do much for me.
Over the past year as it is I've moved twice.. and I can't believe I'm sitting here wishing nothing more than to do it all over again. I'd love to be able to buy my own place... something to call "mine" instead of renting again... but that's not exactly in the cards right now, and I'll happily deal with that for as long as required. Unfortunately - there's a big block that has to come out of the way in order to get to the next step of finding a place and going ahead with actually moving ... I'm not the one that's got to do it. *sigh*
Well... its now 1pm ... I wanted to get this started.. I might come back to it today, but if not, I bet I'll have something new for you come tomorrow. :)
Happy day to you - wherever you are and whatever you're doing. See ya soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment