GORGEOUS day outside! YAY! Happy Friday everyone!
So the EX is "in town".. meaning - he's over on the island... meaning we can FINALLY get the divorce papers signed etc. Just have to find a place we can walk into - sign all the paperwork, pay the money and walk out and wait the 30 days for the little bell that will ring in our heads sayin' "Ding! You're officially DIVORCED!"
My dad referred to a "divorce broker" or something - he said - he and my mom went in, signed and that was it. Nothing complicated. Think I can find that? I don't even know where to start. Googling divorce broker comes up with stuff about mortgages and divorce. blah blah.. that's not it. Will keep trying though. Left a message at some "untie the knot" place (that of COURSE closed an hour ago) - so hopefully I'll get a call on Monday.
So my grandmother .. let me go backwards a bit - she owns a house with her son and his wife. They tore down her little bungalow house a few years ago and built this huge two level home - totally custom to the wants and needs of my uncle and his lovely new wife. They got to a point that the mortgage payments were getting too hard to meet, so they put it on the market.
I think it was on the market for like 3 mos last year, then they put it back on again in like January this year. Because it's so customized, potential buyers have been very few. Around the beginning of April, a European couple got interested - came back a few times to look again.. and finally made an offer mid-April - and VOILA! Prayers were answered - they sold it! Problem then was - that the current owners needed to vacate by the end of April, giving them only 2 weeks notice to pack, find a new home and get out.
Suddenly everyone's in a panic! My Aunt and Uncle take several trips over to the Sunshine coast to hunt for a new home, and aunt#2 comes to stay at the house and help my grandmother pack... and somewhere in this, my grandma finally opens her mouth and says that she doesn't really WANT to live on the little island! So, aunt#2 and I try to rally enough info out of her and decide that someone has to tell my Uncle, before they make a huge commitment. We get them talking - there are hurt feelings, and harsh words, then a big make up session in which my grandma decides that she will go with them instead of taking her share of the sale of the house money out of 'common pot'.
So they find a place, make an offer, and grandma lands herself in the hospital with heart failure for a week. While she's out of the house, we're all madly packing her, and trying to plan an alternate solution for her to stay with me and my family until she's better and her doctor visits are done, and so my uncle and aunt can get a LITTLE settled over there before she arrives.
So .. she's been living with me just over a week now. She's in much better spirits, she's building back her strength, and she's doing pretty good. I can tell because today she got up in the *foulest* of moods... and let me tell you, she likes to share her moods. (sigh)
I got up, TK stayed home from school, had an uber long shower (today was the perfect day for the added primping and preening that had to be done), and opened the bathroom door to the glorious greeting of "WHO took that LONG shower????" and instantly forgot the one main important thing I was supposed to take with me when I met my g/f for her medical appt at 9:30... I didn't realize that I'd forgotten it until I was 5 mins away from the doctors office. So alternate plan kicked in - I'll drive her out to my place, get it, I'll pick TK up and take her out to get the new runners she needs. Perfect - get her out of grandma's hair for a few hours.
Doc appt went well - came home, got the computer and TK, and the mood sharing continued! "making perogies is a TWO person job!" ... no one asked you to make them - they could wait til we could do them - but no matter - you're doing them now I guess. "So, Nan, do you need anything while we're out?" "A flour shaker". Fine. (which she wont need by the time I get home anyway.)
We leave again - we go for lunch, get my g/f back to her car so she can go to work and TK and I hit the mall for a couple hours.
2:30 - we're on our way home, so I call to check in. "Hey.. just calling to see how you're doing."
"Im bored as HELL!!!"
"I bet."
"Did you ask why?"
"Nope. Sure didn't. Have you finished your books?"
"NO! I sat outside for a very long time, and now I'm inside and I'm lying down... because I'm BORED!"
"Okay, well, is there something you'd like to do?"
"I'd like to go to Chapters or something and get myself a book."
"Okay, well, we are on our way home - we'll be there shortly and we can take you out."
"NO! It's too late to go now. anyway.. BYE."
Alright then.
So of course, we get home, and she's in her room with the door closed and lying down. I don't know if I should go in and wake her up, or if I should just leave her be. I don't need to get yelled at, but I likely will get something whenever she gets up again.
Perhaps today is a good day to take her out for dinner. heh
No comments:
Post a Comment