Monday, August 15, 2022

That time I lost Nana




STORY TIME ... If you're enjoying a beverage of any kind right now, I suggest you put it down a moment.  I won't be long...  

On Friday a friend was over, and we were talking about things we loved that have passed on.  She's decided that she will start cremating her pets when they pass (horses and dogs primarily) and keeping them on a beautiful display. 

I told her the story of a vase with a lid my grandmother had for many years, that my brother and I decided we'd display at the funeral. The Director said we could have used that vase as an urn to keep her, it just needed to be sealed. 

This revelation story meant that my friend could then collect various more fun containers for CHEAP or free instead of spending a million bucks on official urns - like teapots and such. 


I cautioned her "You just have to mind how much cremains you will end up with. I'm sure your horses will have more than a human... HEY I still have my Grandmother here as we haven't been able to spread her ashes yet, let me go get them!"

... I got up to go find the velvet bag in which she currently resides .... 

to find ... 


that

 I 

COULD 

NOT 

REMEMBER 

WHERE 

PUT 

MY GRANDMOTHER'S CREMAINS!!


Advance to next afternoon when I return home from errands and look up and go

"Oh!  Hey Nana! -- hey Honey!?  FOUND HER! .. she's on the top of the cupboard in the laundry room."


... because the liquor cabinet was too full. 🤣  


(Phew! thats not a conversation I wanted to have with my brother!

I mean, I WiLL because it's hilarious...but not because I lost her.)


Night Court Clip



No comments:

Post a Comment