We've all been complaining about the lack of Spring. The past couple days of nice warm sunshine has definitely turned everyone's spirits. (Thank goodness!)
Its been a busy couple days around here. Thursday I went to work for another client of mine, he needed help in the garden, a few things around the house and some computer stuff. We had agreed on rain or shine.. and unfortunately, that rain showed up. But I managed to get all the flowers into the beds despite the downpour. That night, DH had ball and I opted not to go, only because I'd already spent the day getting wet and cold.
I had begged him to skip, but he said they needed him, so I puttered around the house while TK and TKU played Xbox 360 upstairs. When he got home, I convinced him to play the board game I'd set up earlier in hopes that he'd stay home. As soon as the game was done, he leaned back on the couch and in mid-coherent sentence, his eyes rolled back in his head and he completely fell asleep! Sometimes I think he's narcoleptic. LOL.
I really have no idea how anyone can fall asleep that quickly. It's the same when we crawl into bed at night. It isn't always because its late when we get there either. But really.. under a minute and he's completely out and snoring. At least I managed to get him off the couch and into bed within about 30 mins. That might be a household record for shortest time.
Friday was a good night.. despite the bits of arguing with TK about what she could do. Usually she and TKU like to go swimming, but the deal was that she couldn't go unless her room was cleaned up AND her homework was all done. She was home by 3:45... I got home at 5:30 and neither was done. So my answer was no. Along with the conversation that homework had to be done at the very least. however somewhere in that - it turned into complete refusal and a promise to do it Saturday.
Saturday I had to go to work and the girls were left to get their chores done for the couple hrs that everyone would be out working. DH got home to find them outside lying in the sun and painting their toes. No homework even started. *sigh* I called and talked to her at 3 and she said she wanted to do her homework with ME.. (huh?) So obviously when I got home - no homework in sight. I managed to get her to do her reading for English at least.. so we set up the tent in the backyard - and the two of them slept in it ... all night! I was pretty surprised actually. I figured TK would be up for it, but TKU chickens out - so I expected she'd be bailing before midnight and opting for her own bed. But they managed to stick it out all night and have a good time.
Ahh.. Sunday - my day off... got some things tidied up around the house, laundry folded and put away and all of a sudden, it's like noon. Where does the time go? DH had ball.. 1:30 and 4:30 games. So after MUCH arguing with TK that she had to come, we managed to all get out and to the field in time. With the double header the team does hot dogs for lunch. We packed three of the water guns too, and during the second game TK found a couple boys to play with. That was a bunch of fun for sure! I had to make a run to the store and we passed a yard sale.. so TK and I stopped to check it out. She scored a pair or Heelies - those runners with wheels in the heels for $5, and a game for her DS for $4. I was checking out some funky glasses, and a lovely set of 6 coffee mugs that I really would have liked to get, was a little more concerned about how much cash I had on hand for her stuff.. so I didn't get them. When we got in the car, TK asked why I didn't get them - "They're only $1.50 mom!" as we drove on to the store and proceeded to count out the rest of the small change in my wallet stating that indeed, I could get them if we stopped on the way back to the park.
So .. we stopped, and she headed out with her mit full of dimes and nickels that had been badly weighing down my purse... to get what I THOUGHT were my coffee mugs; only to come back with the funky curvy glasses instead. LOL! (somewhat like this, only frosted and I think they're a little more bent)
I'm pretty sure these AREN'T what I expected to come back, but they're not bad either. I could have used the coffee cups though. lol I guess this means I have to do some more yard sale-ing to find myself a set of 6 matching coffee mugs that I'd be willing to take home. *smirk*
We got home, the girls had a water balloon fight, then a water gun fight that included TKU2 as well. Figured out something for dinner and I turned on a movie - Julie / Julia. TK decided she wanted to watch too. Apparently DH had a very important meeting with the inside of his eyelids because I don't think he got all the way through half of the movie.
I got TK to bed, with some cuddle time, and managed to peel DH off the couch and pour him into bed too... And just as quickly as Sunday arrived.. it was gone again.
So .. this morning being my second day off and not having anyone home to distract, annoy or otherwise get under foot - I have plans. BIG plans.
Laundry, dishes, recycle, bottle depot, clean the bathroom, tidy the back patio and rearrange things, and possibly get out to the back flower beds to get some weeding done so we can try to plant something in there to make it beautiful.
Here's to plans becoming reality!
how was YOUR weekend?




No comments:
Post a Comment