Saturday, July 2, 2011

Canada Day!

Well, it's actually now July 2nd, but the festivities in the house are still going on.

Upstairs, the ladies are all laughing and playing cards and listening to music.  Downstairs outside, the guys are jamming and singing on the guitar.

The two kids are upstairs playing video games.

I have a headache. A nasty one that has kept me laying low most of the day, unfortunately.

I was talking to a girlfriend the other day, and she asked if I noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of "crap" going on in everyone's lives right now.. the world in general.  She said its because the universe is in a major shift.  After watching the news a couple nights ago and seeing that Greece is facing economic breakdown, experiencing first hand the economic shift going on in my own life.. I guess I could believe that.

So it's definitely time for some new things to start going on in my world.  I've signed up for some training that could lead to something new in my career field, which of course, I'd be adding to finishing up my Interior Decorating diploma and finding something I'd love to do in that field as well.  But it would be nice to know that I could go through the ups and downs in time and jobs with both fields without much conflict.

Around the beginning of June I was officially laid off from my job.  There just isn't much retail traffic going on.  I'm sad, but I'm not complaining too much.  Having the time off at the end of the school year sure made it a little easier to get TK back and forth from school on all those half days and parties she had going on.

 I was really hoping today would be a great day for the three of us to spend the day hanging out and enjoying the Canada Day celebrations.. but unfortunately the headache got the better of my day. But on the other side, TK had a nice lazy day, and has had someone to play with since about 4pm.

They boys have changed to making up lyrics to whatever the guitar man plays... so I'm going to call it a night and sneak off to bed and see if I can make this thing go away.

Sweet dreams... wherever you are.  Happy Canada Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment