Yup. You guessed it. Christmas.
Time flies when you're actually out there in the world.. doesn't it?
I can't believe how much my life has changed in the past year and a half.
Most of it scary big leaps of faith, some of it, just run of the mill (for me, anyway), disjointed and somewhat askew from what I was expecting, but all of it amazing.
This past June, DH and I celebrated one year together. We combined our families and are looking forward to getting to soon go and physically spend time with his two kids out east. Three kids.. never thought that was what my life had in store, but I certainly don't mind.
We also chose to start in our own business .. the mission statement being " To help families get out of debt, become properly protected, and become financially independent. " and one step and one family at a time, we're doing just that. I LOVE what we can do for people. Though I'm really not sure why (or what it is that Im not doing properly) people aren't jumping to at least have a look at it with me. New things are coming in the future for the company that, along with my own time in the business, will definitely change some of those perspectives, and Im really looking forward to that shift.
Last April we moved into the suburbs of Maple Ridge. I am not surprised that we really all love it out here. Unfortunately, the owners of the home we are renting (sharing with friends), had to be put on the market. The owners moved back to Ontario and can't handle the two mortgages. While I understand this, I can't help but get a little irritated that we've really only JUST moved in, and we are already starting to look around for somewhere else to live here in the area for the "just in case" that the new owners actually want to move in instead of continuing to rent it out to us. That's quite the pressure that I really don't want to deal with.
Now, I realize that I'm not THE best housekeeper.. but the house isn't a disaster ALL the time. I can't believe how anxious I get when the realtors call to let us know when the next showing will be. I don't WANT to have to wash my floors TODAY... I was planning to get them done on the weekend instead, or I don't WANT to have to do all my laundry tonight, but if you want to show the house tomorrow, I don't want it all over the floor in color piles like it is right now. There are just some things you can personally live with (walking around, stepping over, or looking at) that you wouldn't want to share with anyone else... and it feels like every time I let things slide in the housekeeping department, the phone rings, and its the realtor wanting to show the house the next day.
I am, however, thankful that we've been able to be where we are. None of the other places we actually looked at were where or what we wanted. We are lucky to have the school within walking distance for TK and within 5 mins to the office for me... it's cut down on a fair amount of hassles we could have been experiencing. We have also made friends with a few of our neighbors. And we're lucky to have them.
Christmas is coming. The neighborhood is getting all prettied up with lights and other decorations. I've seen people coming and going with their cars full of packages, and know that it's definitely high time we figured out if we're going to try to go for Christmas with DH's family. I know he misses them all. I know I'd love to experience an eastern Christmas.. but the one little thing is that TK probably won't be able to come with us. I don't even want to think about what that argument is going to sound like.. with her OR her father. But... if he says he wants her home, then he will also need to understand that he's the one that gets to deal with her about it too. I'm not the one taking new things away from her.
I love my new business. But I'd also like to help others in another way - de-cluttering. There is much peace for me knowing that I'm helping someone go through boxes and storage of additional "stuff" that's filling their space and occupying more real estate than necessary. I look in our garage and storage shed and think how I'd like to go through more of our things and condense and purge... but also know that I've done it so much that there is really very little to get rid of. We are hoping to have a bigger place so that we can actually USE whatever's still in a box. We bought it for a reason, and we've purged around it, because we know that we do actually want to use it in the future, but know that there really is no actual place to put it right now. Even our bedroom is far too small. Our last bedroom has its own box of things stored away to be pulled out at a later date, in a new space. When we get into that new space, there's a chance that we'll purge it out, but it would be silly to get rid of it right now.
Come the new year, I might post some flyers around the neighborhood... but for now I will wait. Christmas is around the corner, much to be done in our regular business lies ahead, and there's enough going on without adding someone else's stuff. So for now.. Im good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment