Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Getting Excited after loss...

Ya know what?

I'm doing damned great.

That's what.

Why?   How?  What?

Well... we're going for a promotion, we're building a team, and we're moving upwards.

Never before did I truly realize how much I DISLIKE working at a job.

Sure, it pays the bills, and it puts food on the table.. and it's more consistent than I am... but seriously.. working for someone else's dream SUCKS THE LIFE OUT OF YOU.

Ok..granted... maybe it's just me.. cuz everyone around me.. my friends, (some of) my family, and the clients I sit with.. are all out there making someone ELSE's dreams come true.  Yup.  Giving someone else the write offs, sending their kids to private school, practically driving them to the dealership to buy their new car/boat/truck/toy.  NOT ME.

Ya know what I bought this week?  A trip for DH to go back to Ontario to spend time with his kids and family for Spring Break.  Ya know what that will do for my taxes at the end of the year?  It will put a big fat write off on them.

Ya know what I taught a family this week?  That doing an RSP loan at the bank will cost them more than it will get them in the end - but that RSP loans aren't ALL bad. That taking an additional $25 off of their pay cheque every 2 weeks is giving the government an interest free loan. BUT changing the way they "spend" their money could create additional tax breaks and income for them every year, pay down their debt faster, and get them set up for retirement.  And THAT is why I love what I do, and why our team is growing.

A friend posted about her dad passing away not very long ago.. and it sent me into a bit of a tailspin of memories and realizing how long it's been since I lost my mom.  October this year will mark 13 years.  When people talk about how they miss someone they have lost a few months later.. all I wind up retorting in my head is about how I almost called my mom just recently.  How much as my daughter enters her 13th year, the things I want to call her and make her laugh about.. how I know how close she is relating to my teenage behaviors... how NOW i have questions... something I didn't have when I was pregnant and in the first couple months after she was born and my mother called to "complain" that she wasn't being consulted.  My reply was "I'm sorry that you taught me how to figure this stuff out on my own.  Had I known I was supposed to become co-dependent as an adult, I would have called."   ... and some days, I sit here and sob ridiculously over missing her.

When I think about what I do and how greatly a WILL, Life Insurance and Investments will all effect the lives of those left behind I get so intensely outraged at the crap that sits buried in the bottoms of drawers of my family, my friends, and people I have yet to meet... things that I read about in the papers, ads on tv... I can't even imagine where we will be in 20 years.. and the things that so many people are sold in some insurance policies out there... the great and tragically horrific news some families will get because they "don't have time" to sit down with someone to help them get through what we do for families, NOW when it isn't an issue.

Well believe me when I say... I am not giving up.

Things are going to  C H A N G E... and I'm going to be part of it.

And my mother is watching over me and so very proud of me.  For that I am so very grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment