J came downstairs after spending a few hours talking on the phone to his brother back east - to tell SO that they could have work back home for more than they make here.
Ontario is a long way away from BC. Sure.. it's just a 5 hr plane ride. But at the best of times that flight is kind of expensive. So it makes me think about what's here for me that I think I need to stay for...
- my daughter
- my job
- my friends
- my family
I wouldn't miss paying way too much just to keep a roof over our heads. I can't say I couldn't get a job there. I wouldn't say that it would be hard to make friends. And I still have the power of the internet to keep up communication with family and friends wherever I am or they are.
So, the only thing that makes this a really tough decision (which isn`t something I have to really consider right now anyway) is TK.
Sure... there`s that underlying agreement that at the end of this school year she`s supposed to go live with her dad full time. But if everything worked out the way its supposed to... it would make SO`s life easier being closer to his kids and his family. Especially right now - there is definitely more time needed for him to spend time and energy with his kids right now. and come next year - his family will be renovating their home and they`ve asked me to come help. I also have my gf in New York that would like me to come out to help her decorate. And I don`t doubt that working with both of those homes will bring me some word of mouth referrals - which would be great.
Still... its a BIG move for me, and for TK. and I am pretty sure her dad won`t let her move there. that`s just way too far and too much for him.
Its not something i have to think about too much right now.. but its on the table... again. *sigh*.
No comments:
Post a Comment