Friday, March 18, 2011

Yours, Mine, and OURS....

I can't help it...

When my friend breaks up with someone that I've befriended just because of him/her ... when that relationship ends... I am 99% likely to end any and pretty much ALL friendship with their now "ex".

Kim and Ben are dating.. I've known Kim for a while, and she introduces me to her man Ben...  Ben has an account on facebook... she has access to his account, or he just adds me as a friend... blah blah.. I've met Ben a few times.. we've invited them out or over to our place.. visa versa.. so all goes... until Kim and Ben are no longer together.   Ben is pretty much deleted from my fb friends.  That's kind of it for me.  And I'm having a hard time figuring out WHY some of my friends insist on still being 'friends' with my ex.  Not just facebook..  but that's a pretty good start...

I mean.. do you talk to my ex all the time?  Did you before?  Probably not.  You comment back and forth on statuses.. or pictures... and still... you probably wouldnt go over to his place if he invited you for dinner with his new g/f...  but it's okay in our mind, to be his friend on fb.  I don't get it.

Maybe I'm just really loyal to my friends over the benefits their ex is going to give me.  Sure, I'm friends with my current b/f's ex wife on FB.   I am, because if I have pics of the kids to send her, I want access.  If I have things going on in our world I think she might benefit to know .. there it is.  But don't get me wrong... we are not "friends".  She'l blocked from all kinds of things.... and we don't sit and gab about whats going on in our worlds.  .. and that IS completely different from what Im getting at here.

Last count... the 5 people that are closest to me, or that I consider closest to me are still fb friends with my ex....and it bothers me, and it makes me mad.. and I am hurt.  And I really am not quite sure why Im harbouring the drama of it all.

(sigh)... Must sleep... tomorrow is a new day... right? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment