Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feeling like a grown up again.

It's been 8 months since I broke up with my ex and moved out.

When my husband and I split up in 2003, he knew that I needed to keep a fair amount of the furniture etc. since I was keeping our daughter with me full time.  We discussed and shared the furniture as best we could so that neither of us were really "without".

When I moved out 8 months ago, I asked for one of the three couch sets, and a coffee table/end table set.

I didn't get any of them.

So, since moving in with SO, we've slowly realized that we need to (and have been) upgrading the stuff he had.

We bought a futon to go under TK's loft bed.
We bought a brand new sofa and loveseat set.
We bought a headboard for our bed.

And this past weekend - we bought a dresser/armoire .. which luckily matches quite beautifully with the headboard.

Being home for the past 2 wks with the sick one - I've been looking around our house, and even SO said it too.... I'm starting to feel like a "grown-up" again.

I'm not knocking what he had.  But it's like going from this...


to this..



ok, ok... lol ...  yes,  I know, an exaggeration.. I'd love that.. but its the best way to describe the feeling.


But really... at least it's not, and has NEVER been something you'd see at http://uglyhousephotos.com/.



Alright.. 

Here's the new armoire / dresser piece.



I don't have 'old' pics of the bedroom because.. well ... just go back and imagine the mismatched couches  as a bedroom.   *smirk*


No comments:

Post a Comment