Yes.
Why, you ask?
I think the number one thing that irritates me is when I can't connect to the wi-fi network. Primarily it's when I'm at home ... but when my lovely little mac says "Yup! There's a signal here and YOU can connect to it! Look! It's boasting a nice 3 or 4 bar connection and EVERYTHING! C'mon.. you wanna just jump right on here!"
So I click on it, and I wait...
and wait..
and wait.
*s.i.g.h.*
and the longer I wait, and the more times I have to click the 'connect' button... the MORE irritated I get!
And you know - that's the moment I'm trying to complete a task... anything! Look something up, read or reply to an email that I would consider urgent at that given moment... and unfortunately for the rest of the people in my world... they TOO are now going realize how completely and irrationally irritated I am over this.
One morning, I was in a rush to get out the door, get TK to school and help with Hot Lunch.
Side Note: For those of you that aren't aware of what Hot Lunch is, at school, once a month, the Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) puts together a fun menu of food items from somewhere like McDonald's or other 'fast food' vendor and charges a little bit more than the rate they get in order to raise funds for the school fun stuff. ... My jobs on this team over the past three years have been the computer person - the one that creates the menu into print form that is sent home with each child to order from, create and manage the tally sheets - the accumulation of the entire school's orders that is the main source of information for the ordering and delivery of each and every lunch ordered - and then to help on Hot Lunch day in the kitchen with a few other moms. Sorting out each classroom's ordered items and helping to get them delivered to each child that placed an order.
Now.. its hard enough to get TK up, ready and out of the house without much fuss. On Hot Lunch day, there are fewer chances - as I must also get myself up, showered, and human before we can walk out the door - which is much less than I have to do any other school day. Those days, I can get out of bed, get her ready, and take her to school with my unbrushed hair and in my pyjamas because I simply drive to the drop off loop, let her out, and come right back home again.
So this particular morning, I realize that I didn't print off the extra copy of the tally sheets - each and every classrooms order sheets. I realize that they are sitting in my email - which is online. I don't have an email program that downloads my emails so I can look at them whenever I feel the need... I have to log on, sign in and go see them there. This requires an internet connection.
And without an internet connection.... I can't get this done. Fighting with getting online is pretty much the most frustrating thing I could need first thing in the morning before school.
TK on this particular morning, is less than cooperative.
I'd be more accurate to summarize this particular morning as to say she was moving slower than molasses in the middle of winter. And my ability to GET on the internet was going just about as well.
And the more the internet was going to keep screwing me around ... the more TK was doing just about ANYTHING else other than get ready for school.
*face.palm*
When I finally got my stuff printed, got us both ready and out the door and off to school, I could NOT contain myself when encountering my fellow volunteering mother friends in the kitchen...
I must say that I did learn from this particular morning... that I need to let go of that extreme frustration and NOT share it with others. The looks on their faces when they asked the one thing they didn't realize until it was out of their mouths was the absolutely last thing they wanted to ask... "Wow, you're a bit later than we expected... Is everything alright?" The look on their faces was "How could the woman that seems normally so organized and easy going all the time - be so completely unglued???"
Yup. Unglued, unhinged and at least one other 'un' word that you would deem 'scary or fragile' (depending on how you're seeing this right now.. lol)
Tonight I wanted to write a few blog posts and get the train of thought on the track to come back to later... but do you think I could get online? N.o.p.e.
And in all that time of waiting to get online so I could start some of those blogs... I lost a few ideas completely, and almost all of the rest of them lost their rails. *sigh*
Ahhh... tomorrow is a new day... and hopefully tomorrow morning I won't need to get online for anything.. at least until I get to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment