You know .. you are doing a bunch of different things, you're pretty focused on everything - laundry's on, dinner's on the stove, your child is doing their homework and you're answering questions as they go, you're looking up the next step of the recipe on the computer, checking the time, and you realize you have to go get something... you immediately stop everything and venture in the direction of the laundry room and you stop... kind of mindless.. as soon as you entered the room - you can't remember what on earth you came in here for. You look around, hoping for a clue.. maybe you were flipping the laundry from one machine to the other... Was there something you keep in here that you came in for? ... and you stand there ... looking around the room, your mind racing --- trying to find a tiny thread of a reminder... Nope. G.O.N.E.
So you go back into the kitchen.. you can't remember what step you're on in dinner, your child asks you for help on the next question and suddenly --- you can't remember what you're making for dinner, the question asked is almost like a topic you've never heard of before, and you STILL can't figure out what you needed. *sigh*
I have been trying to remember to post an ad or look online for a medium sized pet carrier. We got a dog a few weeks ago - she's a 3 yr old Yorkie /Scottie terrier cross - so she's quite small. The previous owners thankfully gave us the carrier they kept her in during the day. But, being that I think we probably have to keep her in there a little longer than they used to, I feel terrible putting her into it when I leave for work in the morning, so I would just like to get a bigger one so she has some room in there to bust a move if she feels like it.
The problem is not that I can't find one.. it's simply that I keep FORGETTING to try to look for one.
This morning when I left for work, I noticed the time and was rushing more than usual, scooped her up, telling her what a good girl she is, that it won't be long until the child is home to play, and bent down and got the reminder once again.
GET.BIGGER.CARRIER.PLEASE.MOMMY.PLEASE.AND.THANKYOU.
And this morning, she must have just known that I was thinking of her and wanting to do something to change the situation, because not once did she bark like she normally does, as I still rattled around the bedroom and the kitchen for things, hoping I wasn't forgetting anything (Yes, I did actually get all the way out the door and get it locked, only to unlock it to go back in for something I have been meaning to remember to return.) ... and still not a bark as outside I walked past the window of the room her tiny carrier sits in.
So I think today I will finally remember to do some searching for it.
Hopefully I get a lead today, because I can't guarantee that tomorrow will be as good as today.
I thought you guys were only pet sitting the dog. LOL We just got a puppy on Saturday...her kennel is really big but has a partition in it for now until she grows into it.
ReplyDeleteWell.. the announcement that we were just pet-sitting was because we wanted a trial run.. for us - (i am NOT a fan of picking up poop!), and I didn't want the kid to get too excited - because the my friend's daughter might have changed her mind about letting the dog go. yes, she's ours. And we're so very happy to have her part of our family! <3
ReplyDelete